Finance Officer | Terms of Reference
Rewilding Portugal is a private non-profit organization, established in January 2019 in Guarda. Its mission is to promote nature conservation through rewilding measures in Portugal. Rewilding Portugal currently works in the Greater Côa Valley in northern Portugal. The Greater Côa Valley region is an important wildlife corridor for many species in the region and reinforcing that corridor could play an important role in the recovery of rare species such as the black stork and Iberian wolf. Rewilding Portugal is the main partner of Rewilding Europe in the Greater Côa Valley rewilding area and is working closely with Rewilding Europe to achieve the shared goal of making Portugal a wilder place.
Rewilding Portugal is currently looking for a Finance Officer to help manage the administrative and financial aspects of a growing organization. The Finance Officer will be responsible for helping Rewilding Portugal’s Team Leader and Head of Finance in managing the administrative and financial aspects of the organization. The Finance Officer ensures that the organization’s administration is effective, efficient, and accurate always. He/she, under the guidance of the Head of Finance, supports all tasks related to finance. The position is based at Rewilding Portugal’s headquarters in Guarda.
• Manage the daily book keeping of the organization, making payments and ensuring good relationships with the organization’s suppliers.
• Ensure that, from an administrative and financial point of view, Rewilding Portugal projects are carried out in full respect of the rules/guidelines of the respective projects
• Provide ongoing training and support to Rewilding Portugal project partners on financial procedures and regulations.
• Assist the Head of Finance with Rewilding Portugal’s accounting and financial reporting systems, and the preparation and monitoring of budget expenditures.
• Prepare annual operating budgets in accordance with project budgets and ensure that possible changes in project expenses do not exceed limits established in project regulations or other guidelines received from the organization’s funders.
• At least 3 years of professional experience in accounting/book keeping, preferably in a similar environment.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
• High level of competency of Microsoft Excel.
• Proficiency in Portuguese and English (oral and written).
• Experience with public funding (EU-LIFE) is preferred.
• Ability to write status reports and routine business correspondence; prove administrative, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• An understanding of nature conservation issues and contexts is recommended.
Contract and salary information
• Full-time (40 hours per week), one-year contract with possibility of renewal
• Availability to start working in Guarda in February 2023.
• Base salary of 1,170 €/month, to which is added a lunch subsidy (5,20 EUR/day).
Applying for the position
Applications, including a CV and motivation letter (which should include two professional references) should be sent until the 15th January to email@example.com.